Position: Operations Team Leader.
Closing date: Friday, March 24.
Job Type: Full-time; supervisory role.
Schedule Expectations: Flexible hours with evening and weekend availability required.
Projected Start Date: As soon as possible.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO:
Park96 is a 22-acre private park created in 1975. The Board of Directors, Park General Manager and Operations Team Lead work together to operate, maintain and improve Park96 recreational facilities for the benefit of Parkland residents and their guests. Park96 is a registered non-profit organization, offering recreational opportunities, cultural enrichment, and entertainment for the enjoyment of our members. Please visit our website for more details.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of parks or public spaces, operationally, mechanically, experientially, and is excited to contribute to an evolving outdoor environment. Reporting to the General Manager, the Park Operations Team Lead oversees maintenance employees to ensure the Park is well maintained.
- Maintenance of the Park’s structures such as cleaning, painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC etc.
- Maintenance and repair of multiple sport courts, water park, disc golf course etc.
- Ice management including making ice, maintenance and repair and operation of the Zamboni.
- Maintaining irrigation system, annual landscaping, seasonal path and parking lot maintenance.
- Special construction projects. Assisting with planning, design, quotes, and project management.
- Maintenance of equipment such as blade sharpening, oil changes and repairs etc.
- Repairs of equipment. Eighty percent of all mechanical repairs are done in-house including biennial tune-ups of all engine related equipment.
- Tool management & purchasing including the Park’s music sound and sports equipment.
Leadership and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Partner with the General Manager on recruitment activities including onboarding and training.
- Schedule daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal tasks for the Operations team.
- Supervise a team of part and full-time employees, as well as summer students and contractors.
- Maintain a visible presence and act as primary contact for all visitor-related matters.
- Oversee cookhouse & basement rentals including cleaning, maintenance, and scheduling.
- Work with the events teams to book infrastructure, advise on safety issues and assist.
Safety and Park Care
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment. Establish, follow, and enforce policies and procedures.
- Primary liaison with utilities, government, safety, health, and emergency services agencies.
- Enforcement of park rules and guidelines.
- A hardworking and energetic spirit with a dedication to the details.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing systems and a high standard of care using good judgement in decision-making and conflict resolution. Ability to transport, move, and utilize park equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Passion for service.
- Maintenance skill set including general knowledge of mechanical, carpentry, plumbing and electrical
- Customer relations, supervision skills, budgeting, time management, and resources.
- Building and property management experience including grass and tree management, irrigation, ice management, and security systems.
- Technical Designation or College Diploma desired.
- Workplace First Aid & CPR.
- Valid drivers license and a criminal record check required.
TO APPLY: Please email Jennifer Stone, General Manger at email@example.com with your resume and job references. Only candidate selected for interviews will be contacted.