Park Representative & Grounds Maintenance
Park96 has received a grant to hire a Summer Student from May 15, 2017 – August 31, 2017. The applicant must be a full-time post-secondary student in the 2016/217 school year and continuing to be a full-time student for the 2017/2018 school year. The position is 30 hours per week and pays $13 per hour.
This position shadows the Operations Manager and must have endurance, work well with your hands and have a focus on Park customer service. Collaborating and following instructions and safety rules are also important. This position works outside the majority of the time rain or shine.
As a Park Representative this position works during all Park special events including, Summerfest, Movie Night in the Park, and Summer Sundays. Assisting with Park rentals and ensuring the rental space is clean and ready for a party.
Skills and Experience
- Applicant has to be a full time student returning to full time school in the fall.
- Driver’s licence is required
- Must be prepared to work a flexible work schedule including weekends, particularly during special events
- This job requires physical labour, for example, lifting, carrying, shoveling, raking and similar work activities
- Organized in thinking, able to self-direct, punctual and commitment to the position
- Must enjoy working outdoors in the wind, rain and or sunshine
Tasks and Responsibilities
Grounds maintenance performs the following duties:
- Cut grass, rake, aerate, dethatch, fertilize and water lawns, weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor
- Operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, chain saws, electric clippers, pruning saws and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments, the club house and two cook houses used for rentals
- Assist with weekly Park96 music events, Park programming for youth and adults and one major music festival in June
- Assist with all Park rental groups and general Park member customer service
Please submit your resume to email@example.com Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.